Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PO will not clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySr

Technical User
May 10, 2007
US
When I run the purchase order open order report, I have numerous orders that say they are open from many years ago. When I look on the PO, the status says it is backordered but all items have been received. Does anyone know how to clear this?

It happened today with an invoice that I entered. I entered three identical invoices and when i went to run the check the invoice is not on the vendor list. The item was received and is in inventory but the PO is open saying backordered.

I am calling the techs a week from Monday unless I can figure something out whil on vacation, please help!!

JaySr,

You can go to Purchase Order, Period End, Period End Processing. Select Purge Obsolete Purchase Orders. Click Proceed and choose a date.

Be aware that this will remove all Puchase Orders whose Order Date, Last Receipt Date, or Last Invoice Date are before your entered date - regardless of their status.

Andy

Thanks for your fast response. I will look into this. It makes sense with the really old orders but several of them are recent so i will have to try something else with them.

JaySr,

On the more recent orders, you can deal with them individually in Purchase Order Entryincluding deleting them.

Andy

I cdan not deal with any of them in Purchase Order Entry, the status is greayed out so i can not change it to open, and when I try to delete it, I get the message" Can not delete orders with a backorder status". I have got t find some other way to deal with them.

Run the "Purchases Clearing" report from the PO Period End menu. This report will give you the status of the specific lines that are holding you up. The quantity ordered needs to be equal to the quantity shipped and equal to the quantity invoiced on every line before you can delete the order.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back