Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PO: Receipt overage showing as late on Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
We are using Macola Progression 700.6.300c SQL.

On the Scheduled Receipts report, two line items (same PO) are showing '*' as late when in fact they are both received. Both lines were over, one within and one outside of the set tolerance, but were accepted at the warning prompt. I don't use this part of the program, so I am going on what I was told, the users haven't seen this behavior before.

I didn't see anything that addressed this in the User Guide, or on the Exact support website. Is this supposed to happen, or a fluke? How do I work with or around this? THANKS IN ADVANCE for any info!

I didn't test this but I'm assuming it's because the report still sees them as 'open' i.e. received quantity is not equal to the ordered quantity. If you're not planning on receiving any more against these lines, one option would be to edit the lines and change the ordered quantity to match the received quantity. Another option would be to close the PO altogether (assuming all of the other lines are fully received).

Peter Shirley
Macola Consultant, PA and surrounding states.

After I got your response I spent an hour or so in our 'Test' company trying to recreate the occurrence without any success. So I'm at a loss for an explanation of what the heck happened.

However, your suggestion to close the PO (it can be closed, no further receipts expected) helps to confirm what I suspected would end up being the workaround solution.
Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back