Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PO Line Item Status - Reason Closed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
Is there a way to determine how/why a PO line item got closed?

I had gotten a response from barbola at one time that:
The only way a PO/line can be closed is after the receiving has been matched against OR someone has manually cancelled/closed the PO or its lines.

We can't enter/match an invoice because the items HAVE been closed - now I'm trying to find out WHY so we can enter the invoice for them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Here is a possible scenario:
- Someone starts entering a matching invoice, which updates the statuses on the PO.
- That user crashes out before the invoice entry is completed, however, so the invoice is not accessible in the UI.
- To fix the issue the invoice is deleted directly in SQL. However, the PO line item statuses are still updated.

I am not saying this happened in your case, in fact there is really no way to prove this unless you are doing some independent tracking at the SQL level, just giving you one scenario where this is possible.

Typically, when researching this kind of issue, I look at all unposted POP invoices that might be affecting this PO, and all possible documents linked to this PO in the POP tables. I also look at each line item's Purchasing Quantity Status (click on the item on the PO, then click the icon with the i in a circle. Sometimes Reconcile Purchasing Documents will fix issues with line items and statuses, but often you need to fix these directly in SQL.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2011
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Thanks Victoria.

That does make a lot of sense, and while the user says it didn't crash on them - I've had people deny it before when it most definitely has. That does sound like a likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back