Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PO Buyer $$ limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorain

MIS
Sep 2, 2003
US
Macola 7.6.100a
I have a client that wants to apply a dollar limit to buyers in the Purchase Order module. Any ideas how I can accomplish this. Thanks.

The only way to do this would be Flexibility. Macola has no dollar limit functionality built in on POs, and stores no $ limit by buyer.

Besides which, nothing would stop they buyer form entering a hundred POs to get the $ amount they want.

I would recommend using the Macola Event Manager to trigger an email or some other event when a certain $ amount is reached, or use Crystal Reports to write a simple exception report to keep track of these.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Another thought is to use requisitions, and someone other than the buyers could approve the requisitions making them POs. Again there is no $$$ limitation, but this might help you.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

How about a user defined field and a Crystal report to add up PO's for each buyer planner - someone would need to run the report on a regular basis - but it might get you close.

Peter Shirley

As dgillz said, Flexibility would be the best solution for this. Flexibility could add totals for the existing orders and the current order and prevent a buyer from purchasing more than their limit. The limits could be defined globally or by buyer. If you do not have the resources on hand to accomplish this for your client, we would be glad to help you with this. Please just send an email to scott@ nexosystems.com (Please remove space), if you are interested.

Scott Travis
NEXO Systems, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back