Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PNG Transparancy Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKit

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
CA
I have done all the reading on how to make PNG transparency in IE6. However, I have a problem that I just can't explain. (Please keep in mind graphics is my low point!)

I have 2 transparent png. One was provided to me...the other one I did (using Fireworks)

For the one that was provided to me, the transparency works fine.

The one that I did gives me a grey background.

I have looked at the alpha/index transparancy settings, and can't see a difference.

Can anyone explain to me why this would be different?

Thanks so much!

I don't know much about this myself, but did read an article about a trick in Fireworks related to transparency and PNG8 files, which you might possibly be interested in:

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Thanks for the suggestions.

Stretchwickster - believe it or not, the png8 did make the difference between the two pictures. when I changed picture #1 to png24, it no longer had transparency. So I changed to back to png8, and transparency was back.

That being said, however, when I tried to convert picture #2 to png8, it did NOT work.

So now I am really confused, and still back to wondering what is the difference....

BillyRayPreachersSon - Thanks for letting me know about the png24...i hadn't heard that.

Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back