Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PNA Question... Never done this before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hi all,

My users are logging onto a (Xen 5.0) published desktop via Thin-Clients.

They use Outlook which is published on another Citrix Server. They get the Outlook Icon on their desktop via the PNA Server.

User used to have old Outlook messages saved (for example) on a network share (H:\) or even their desktop... How do I associate these old (.msg) files so that they are opened with their Outlook (which is published)... Anyone ever done this?

Many thanks!
Brandon

FYI:
Outlook is not loaded on the desktop server(s)...

THANKS!
Brandon

If the outlook is tied to a personal profile, you can place the messages into the archive folders and it will open every time they launch outlook

Hmmmm...
Let me try again...

Outlook (.msg files) files are stored on their desktop. However, Outlook itself is on another server which they access by using the PNAgent (or Outlook icon) that is being placed on their desktop...

Outlook is published. It is NOT installed locally. I want the published Outlook to open when they try to open a .msg file... make sense?

Thank you!!
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back