Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMT (PMF?) Motion File format expalanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresbydotcom

Technical User
May 22, 2006
I looked at a saved motion/ clip set-up file in notepad and it looks mostly obvious but does anyone know of a site that explains the file format for clip motion set-up? I am not at my home PC but I thought they were .pmf but might be .pmt files.

there is a fractional = 0 or 1 line that might help improve on jerkiness. But it looks as if the "save" function does not archive fractional parameters.

The intention is to calculate required motion in Excel and automate the writing of a file.

Because it's there - that's why.

Premiere 6.5 (on WinXP AOpen AK77-333 2.2 Gig, 1.3 MBytes)

TIA

so far I have generated some paths I want (up to 19 positions now) and the "spot=" & "zoom=" values ignore (but are not phased by) the decimal place. The mathematical values make the motion a little lumpy which if you want coners to meet - is noticable when the don't. The maths is exact - it is the decimal place I need to tell Premiere.

The "time=" values are scaled 0-1000 (= 0 - 100%) so the extra precision is there on the time scale.

The "spot" defines the centre of the image. There is a "fracV=" and a "fracH=" line/field and a "fracspot=" line which I am about to experiment on. Without access file format information it is all experimentation and time.

As long as Premiere is well behaved (and it appers to be) it is just a matter of time. I will post my findings.

The curious thing is that manually entering at least one decimal place from the dialog looks to do the job and is saved in project but not in the .pmt file (fractions or no!).

Still hoping for File Format info because it will lead to other formats and a quicker "in" to tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back