Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMS colors in PageMaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leahloy1973

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
US
I was just given a job and the people need to know the PMS colors on a jpeg logo they sent me. I am just starting out working with PageMaker so not sure...can it be done in PageMaker? If so, can someone help me on how to do it.

Thanks in advance!!!

You can't find out the colours in a JPG from PM, and I don't think a JPG can have PMS colours anyway.

You will either have to request a logo in vector format from the client (which CAN have PMS colours) OR open the JPG in Photoshop, use the eyedropper tool to establish the CMYK/RGB colours in the logo and try and match them to a PMS colour swatch book.

Can saving a graphic in vector format be done by someone who only has Microsoft Office products on their computer? I think she designed it in Power Point but she also had Publisher on her computer.

>>Can saving a graphic in vector format be done by someone who only has Microsoft Office products on their computer? <<

No. You need a vector drawing application such as Illustrator, Coreldraw or Freehand. Which are the ONLY apps in which logos should ever be created. This is because they are scalable to any size without any pixelation, unlike all raster-based apps.

>> I think she designed it in Power Point but she also had Publisher on her computer.<<

::::shudder:::

Lyn said:
::::shudder:::
[lol]

> designed it in Power Point

Probably a Windows Metafile, which have limitations when placed in PM.
Click here for the Adobe Knowledgebase article about the Limitations of Metafiles.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back