Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMP Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecs13

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2012
CA
I want to know if I may meet the PMP requirements. I asked PMI.org but they said they can't tell me unless I submit an application. May I have your opinion please ?

I have a bachelor degree (4 years) in mechanical engineering (Canada) and a practical 4 years Ph.D. in robotics (Canada) where I have developed products, manage projects, supervise internship students, etc...I also did four summer internship in council engineering.

I would like to know if this could meet the PMP requirements.

Thank you very much !

Alex

I believe you have the experience requirements satisfied by your work plus Bachelor degree. However, you also need some number of hour (I forget how many) of Project Management specific education. Maybe 30 or 36 hours.
Check at:

For sites with free education credits, both for qualification and continuing education, see my tip in this category.
thread731-1683719

====================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Hi alecs13 & Others

I went through this process approximately a year a go. Through the PMI.org website & plenty of other Project Mangement or PMI associated sites, there's plenty of directions about the qualification processes. Additionally, you can find various worksheets (MS Word Docs or Excel & some on-line versions) that will help calculate hours & complete the application.

If you need an Excel version of this, let me know & I'll upload a version. I don't often log in because I'm busy at work but I do log on when available & will reply.

Good Luck....

Design Engineer Project Manager (DEPM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back