Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PMCMD COMMAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksamba

Programmer
Apr 25, 2007
US
Hi ,

I have one query, where we can use the PMCMD command. I know about PMCMD this is used to start and stop the servers and etc but what exactly i am looking is ,from where we can start,stop and monitor the servers.

Thanks ,

Cheers
samba

If I understand you correctly, you are asking where you can run pmcmd. If that's the case, it depends on the version. In 7.x, you can copy the server bin files to another computer and run them from there. There's a dll file that needs to be registered, but I don't remember which one any more.

In 8.x, you might still be able to do that, but the pmcmd program MUST be run from it's own directory or it won't find the necessary support files. So this means you can only run it on the server it's installed on.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Thanks Artiechoke, But I am not aware of PMCMD, i never used PMCMD command, Could you please tell me the navigation and guide me . so that I can easily unstand .

Thanks in Advance

Everything you need to know is in help. Just search for pmcmd.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back