Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM7 Print I/O Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWilent

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
Latest trouble; Pages with placed TIFF graphics or PDF files cause printer I/O errors, and the error message says it's the graphics files that's causing the problem. Usually half the page prints and the rest is balnk, or sometimes the page won't print al all (the Comm light on my GCC Elite 1208 typesetter blinks, then stops blinking, and I get no output).

This is a new problem -- the same images printed fine last month. And oddly, the pages output from PM7 to PDF files also fail to print. The images print fine from other apps.

I have reinstalled the printer drivers -- no change.

Any ideas?

Are you on Mac pre-OSX? Have you allocated enough memory to PM? This may be a memory problem if the images printed fine last month when you may have had less in the document or less applications running concurrently.

The other option is to dumb down all your graphics (for example: save down EPS/PDF files to an earlier Illustrator version).

I neglected to say that I'm running Win XP Home, and the PC has plenty of memory. The printer has ~14MB if "available PostScript memory".

SWilent

Are you working with files that are placed from over a network? If so, don't! Copy all files locally and then reconstruct the doc, then print.

I would recommend sticking withonly TIF graphics, and do not copy paste but rather use File>Place to place the graphics.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back