Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM7 in spanish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louielouie

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
US
I work for a newspaper and I must usually write text in Spanish. How do I get my PM7 to make the necessary symbols like a tilde and upside-down question marks? or is it even possible? it'll work if I import text from Word02, but I cant find a way to insert symbols using the text function alone. am I missing something? I've scanned the manula over and over but no luck.

The best bet would be to purchase the Spanish version of PM since the English version does not easily handle other languages. Another solution is to use the ANSI/ASCI character sets:

ALT 168 = ¿
or
ALT 0191 = ¿
ALT 0195 = Ã
ALT 0209 = Ñ
ALT 0227 = ã

I hope this helps When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Hey there,

It is not necessary to purchase a spanish version of Pagemaker as it doesn't do anything to the fonts used itself.

Going via the ANSI/ASCII code is one possibility.
The other way is, using a spanish keyboard layout and using a font i.e. Times New Roman, Arial etc. and this special characters will be displayed without having to do anything else.

Hope that helps.
SnowWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back