Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pls, Need help with Free/Busy Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
I've got one user that shows No info for meeting requests in the attendee availability screen. I've concluded that that user's Free/Busy information is corrupt. So, I went to Microsoft's site and found out about a tool called MDBVU32.EXE. I ran this tool but I get a GPF and the tool crashes no matter what machine I run it on (NT and 2k) As far as I know, this tool is the only way to delete and clean up Free/Busy info. Am I wrong? Any ideas on fixing this?

Thanks!

Have you tried this user from a different workstation or creating a new test profile? There is some user config options in Tools, Options, Calendar, Free/Busy options that might be affecting this.

Try starting Outlook using the /cleanfrebusy switch

When I try to use that cleanfreebusy switch I get a "Unable to clean your free/busy information on the server" error.

Are they running a different version of Outlook client to other people? I experienced this, sorted them to the same version and patch and the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back