Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pls help translating openoffice into excel 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

philgib1

Programmer
Oct 2, 2007
MX
I have played with open office for a few months on my 5 years old PC / 4 gigs of hard disk, and it is just too much. I have erased it and installed Msft XL instead. Problem is, I had a important file for my hostel which stayed in open office format, and which I cannot open it from my XL 2000...

I would have to uninstall XL, then install open office, then uninstall open office, then install Xl again... I do not feel like it !

Would someone be kind enough to receive my open office file, convert it into XL 2000 and send it back to me ? No macros, just a plain file with a few tabs. That would help me a lot !

Thanks in advance

Phil

Don't think you have to go to that lenght to get your files
over to the old restricted MS-format.
Boot your PC with a Linux LiveCD, open your files in
OpenOfficeCalc there, and save them in MS-format.
Many Linux liveCD's have OpenOffice included.

Sad to hear that your Linux experience was'nt good,
what was it that drove you back to the virus and spyware-world?

I suspect this was not a Linux install of Open Office, but a Win install. If you had enough disk space you could have both installed on your system, with no problems, but if it is just to translate one file then do as geirendre says & use a live Linux CD. Try Mandriva live, from what I remember that has Open Office on it.
You could always try this though:
The larger Standard version has the Open Office ready to use. It can be installed on a USB pen drive, but you will need one of at least 256mb, 512mb may be better. It works well though & is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back