Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Plot Chart in excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh99

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
US
I have data like:

This data I have in excel spreadsheet I like to plot that will shows how many data(percent and absolute values)
I have in 10 minutes interval( In above I have in first 10 minutes 3 transactions, in next 10 minutes 0 transactions and in next 10 two etc). These transactions are really happening all day starting from Mid-night. I am tasked to plot a graph shoing how many happened in a 10 minutes interval. I do not find much help on this in Excel on-line help. It should be very simple? I am just not too familiar with Excel charting. Thanks

For clarification, is the time data in 10 minute increments, or is it in 00:02, 00:04, 00:07, 00:12 time values?

-Neteru Neko

No. 00:02, 00:04, 00:07, 00:12 etc are the time when transaction arrived. I really have one columns showing when we received transactions in our database(Oracle). User wants me to set up query saying how many/what percentage of transactions we receieved in 10 minutes interval staring mid-night of the day thru the day. There may be a transaction in a 10 minute intrval or may not be.

First, I was going to do a sql for this but then i thought instead of giving them the result of a canned sql that shows how many records they received during each of 10 minute interval, I thought why not give them data for the whole day and let them do what-if analysis using graphic capability of Excel. So they can set up a chart showing how many transactions they received in every 10 minutes interval of the day and another graph showing how much was that of the whole day. I thought it was a simple thing to do, but does not appear so simple now.

If I can set up this the they can really do further analysis let us say I say give me # of transactions received in now 5 minutes interval etc. We are doing data mining here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back