Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please, they help me! Urgent =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBH

Programmer
Sep 19, 2003
BR
Hi people!!
I possess in my server the software of the Veritas (Backup Exec 8.6 will be Windows 2000 Server), I do not possess "Tape Drive", make backup in the proper machine however in different HD. I am facing some problems: 1- I have a JOB to make backup of some archives, in way that it gives OVERWRITER in the existing archive, and it he does not make this, to each time that beginning the JOB it creates a new archive of backup. How I can make so that it substitutes the existing archive for this new?

2- In the JOB I placed to send me an email with the LOG of backup, initially I I read in the pdf of the Backup Exec that I would have to create an account in the "Exchange", I I only created in the Outlook Express, I would be possible it to send an email for me only using the account of the Outlook Express? (Comment: My Windows 2000 Server does not have the icon "Mail and Fax" in the control panel, thus disabling of I to create one profile of the usuario of backup).

If I understand correctly, you created a media set out of a hard drive because you have no tape drive. In the properties of that media set make sure that Overwrite Protection is not still in effect.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

1.On the job properties make sure under "When this job begins
overwtite media is selected"..

2.a.Need to install MAPI clinet (Outlook) and create a profile for the BESEVICES account and use that prifile for MAPI notification setup.
b.SMTP notification can be used to send log.Have a look

Goodluck

Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back