Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please review - needs more content...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, theres not much to review as it's only one page of something thats deffinetely going to be much more.

I can say it is a deffinet leap from the old design. colors look clean and fitting. there is now a crisp and profesional feel to the site over the beginner feel of the last in unorganization and content.

Check out Tek-Tips knowledge bank by clicking the FAQ link at the top of the page
[/sub]

thank you. I know there really isn't much, its not a full site, or even a complete page, but I was unsure of the general design. The large text heading is a request from client, I'm not so sure about it though.

I think the compant name being the size it is, is fine. it diesn't overwhelm the page at all.

I think you'll really get the feel of that page when that image that is centered in the body in there also. unless I'm just not able to view it for some reason

Check out Tek-Tips knowledge bank by clicking the FAQ link at the top of the page
[/sub]

No, I'm waiting for it from the client.

Thanks for the support so far, I do not do enough commercial design to be totaly comfortable with it yet, most of my work is 'intranet' - data first, design second.

Looks OK as far as it goes. I get little empty rectangles against the menu options down the left-hand side - looks like the character you're trying to put there doesn't exist in the font my browser picks for "sans-serif". Try specifying a font-family with the actual font(s) you want the browser to use, save "sans-serif" for the last resort.

-- Chris Hunt

thanks, totaly missed that, its in the blank document that I keep reusing...

I agree with the other comments and have one addition:
The picture of the house could have a better color balance. In Photoshop try using the auto color or the auto levels feature. That will remove the greenish look. Here's an example of what I mean:

house.jpg

I agree with the dutch62, you need to work on that pic.
Try downsizing just a tad and adding a small shadow behind it. Adds some depth.
Overall feel is great, simple, and gets to the point.
Good job!

My only question is about the picture. Why is it there?

It made me think you are tryn to sell that particular house. Are you? If not, maybe some abstract graphic of a residence would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back