Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please recommend an ISDN internal or external adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielUK

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
GB
Hi,

I've had numerous problems with a BT Speedway internal PCI ISDN card which is a rebadged Fritz AVM card. There are known issues ("no answer" on dialup, failure to connect etc) with running the card on win98 alongside a network card. These are *usually* solved by using the Fritz drivers and/or running it on Win2k. I've done both and find that I'm still getting the same type of problems.

So I'm looking for a recommended ISDN card or external ISDN modem that is fairly inexpensive but generally doesn't have a history of causing conflicts. What does everyone recommend so I can finally bin this one?!

Thanks

Dan

I've had good success with the USRobotics I-Courier. I don't know if they make it any more, and I don't think that it was all that cheap, but it may do what you are looking for.

Also, if you are simply attaching to another network with this modem, Ascend (now owned by Lucent or Avaya) makes a small ISDN Pipeline router. They are very robust and considerably cheaper.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back