Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please lend a hand with this data flow / logic problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstillatwork

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
I am working on a coldfusion progam that builds html files for a web site from information stored in a database.

I want to grab the records from the database (duh) and save them to an html file. This is the easy part. no problem. works great.

Now I want only let's say 10 records per file.
so if category A has 15 records, I will need a file called category_A.html that is showing records 1-10, and category_A2.html showing 11-5.

Now I'm completely stumped.

:)

I made it work. Horribley ugly nasty code. I'll see if I can clean it up a bit. Maybe I'll post it here to check for obvious stupids on my part.

This seems like something that could be done pretty easy using MOD

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.

well, of course that part of figuring how many pages you will ned, yess, but there are several other issues that come up with the symantecs of saveing the information to html files and keeping track of filenames etc.. I worked it out, but I was stressing about it at first. It's actually quite robust, so it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back