Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE INSERT OVERWRITABLE MEDIA ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariosIoannides

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2007
CY
I know that this treat has been discussed before and it was closed but i am running into a similar problem.

i bought new 20/40 tapes and tried to backup my system (full backup). i have inserted and labeled my tapes.

the size of the data are 17GB. but when i try to backup the system returns with the following error:
"Please insert overwritable media into the drive.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media."

i have restored data from those tapes and it seems that data are written on the tapes (don't know if all the data are written)

another problem is that it gives me a note that the tape is overwitable but not appendable, 19G total size 0 available.

Problem might be that you setup media sets but since
that media isn't in the set its complaining about it.

I just had an associate do that by accident on a couple
of 11D BE setups... it was set to never overwrite the
media set he made by default when the system was first run
so it wouldn't finish the backups suddenly untill i took
a deeper look into what was happening. :)

Lemme know if that doesn't work, should be something i can
help ya figure out.

-= Gfense / =-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back