Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rargi2002

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
AR
i have a problem. I have a form and a main.prg in my application. From the main.prg i call the form. when a make the executed the application the screen open so fast that i can't see anything.

any help will be appeciated

Ramon

Hi

After you run the form from the main.prg you need to then "read events" which will keep the form open waiting for action from the user until they close the form down. Then just make sure you "clear events" afterwards:

Code:
open your form
Read events
clear events
Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

Hi,

In the forms activate event enter the code:

Read Events
Clear Events

This will cause the form to remain active until you do something with it.

HI
The correct place to put the read events.. is

In the main.prg where you code.. DO FORM myForm.. the next line should be..
READ EVENTS

Then in the unload event of the myForm which was called above.. put the code..
CLEAR EVENTS

This is on the assumption.. that the main form.. calls other forms which when gets released gets back to myForm. When myForm is exited.. the application is exited with the clearing of events as above.

Hope this helps :)

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

ramani,

Yes it does help. I had no idea I was doing this wrong since VFP, for me, is self taught with the help of this forum and examples from some books. If it works, I use it. If it doesn't, I try something else.

I appreciate your correction.

Thanks
WJS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back