Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd1eg

Programmer
Jun 27, 2003
GB
Hi there,

Something strange is happening with photoshop, my last file i use was a .psd file which is a webpage i am creating and its got about 40 layers in it, and its important to have so i can configurate things, anyway that was the last file i used, so i just opened up photoshop then when to file > open recent as this is always the method i use when opening my recent files, but this time the file was not there, i have done a search on my computer but it cant find the file for some reason, i diffently did not save over it, as there is no other file called what i called it, but there is a gif file with the same name, but even if you did save it as the same name, it would not ask you to overwrite it as its a differnent extension name, i checked my recycle bin to see of it was there, but it wasn't. I was wondering if anyone knew further advances of search or something to find this file
please help

edd

Nothing more than:

Right mouse click on Start > search >
Search for files or folders named: [*.gif ]
Look in: [c:\ ]

[Search now]

When done there could me many .gif's from temporary internet files, software products etc., and hopefully the one you need.

Click on the name column to "sort by file name"

Start looking.

Also look in any other drives you may have like D:\ etc

Seems like you want to search for *.psd--Do gif files have layers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back