Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodeycp

MIS
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a XHTML page that I am using for a digital signage display. I have flash content with a stock and weather feed on the page. I am bringing the stock and weather feed in using an iFrame so I can have those sections refresh every half an hour. I want to be able to disable the stock from refreshing after a certain at night and then start back up again in the morning at a certain time. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I would like the stock to stop at 5PM and start around 7AM.

Have you looked into
setInterval and clearInterval
yet?

No I am relatively new to javascript and have not heard of setInterval or clearInterval.

Also found this for you to look into, at codebellyDOTcom:
" Closing windows that are comprised of a frameset requires
that you ask to close the "topmost" window, *not* the
page that contains the JavaScript closing code. Thus,
where window.close() will work fine with a regular page,
it will often fail (depending on the browser) when
attempting to close a window comprised of frameset pages.
In this case, the JavaScript closer must ask for
top.window.close() instead.

I will look into that. I am trying to keep the scrolling stock ticker going. I want to keep the page up and running but I just want to find some way to keep the javascript code that deals with refresh to stop at those time periods. Do you think that the interval will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back