Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmex21

Technical User
Jun 10, 2001
US
Have a customer that we host ( we are fairly new to exchange) and wants to know if he can have all e-mail that goes to his domain (whatever@hisdomain.com) to reroute it to his private e-mail address. We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 on a NT 4 server with SP6. I know this a stupid question and probably easy to, but need help on this one. Thanks in advance. qssteam

If I understand correctly, he client wants to use the domain address, not his "private email address". If it didn't make a difference, his private address could be used to setup a custom recipient in the directory.

If, however, the mail must first go to an Exchange mailbox, and if the client uses Outlook at the site, you could use the Inbox Assistant under the Tools menu in Outlook to set up autoforwarding of all messages received to any address specified.

Let me see if i can explain this a little better. The customer wants everything that is sent to his domain (example: whatever@domain.com) sent to his private e-mail address. So no matter what the e-mail address, it will all go to his personal e-mail address. Hope i explained this better.

What is his domain? Does he have an ISP address or hotmail or yahoo? In most cases you can just add a "pop address" to the personal domain address he wants to retrieve and have the domain email forwarded to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back