Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP with Table/Subreport Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcePak

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
US
Hi everyone,

I'm a standstill on this database at work. I can't go any further until I find out a way to do this.

I have a query thats finds one record (row) from a main table. The row is then displayed in a report. In this report I have a subreport. I want the subreport to have its record source be dependent on one cell of the previously queried (and report-displayed) row. This is necessary because there are 5 (smaller) tables that are applicable to different records in the main table. There is a field in the main table that says which of these 5 smaller tables is applicable to each record (row).

To give an example in case I'm not clear,

Field1 Field2 Field2
w1 blah blah1 Table1
w2 blah blah2 Table7

I just want information from the corresponding table to be the record source for my subreport.

ANYONE who knows how to do this or an alternative PLEASE PLEASE let me know

thanks
mike

When building the query for the Subreport, in the Criteria column, right click with your mouse and select Build. In the wizard that is provided, you can select "Reports", which opens a drop down list of all Reports. Select your main report. The second column will show all columns (controls) being displayed on the report. Select the column (control) that you want as criteria for your subreport.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back