Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help with RAS configuration on XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschnoor

MIS
Jun 9, 2003
US
Hi, I have a small business LAN consisting of 4 computers, 2 with XP and 2 with 98. I want to be able to access this LAN and our reservation system's database. I need to add 1 more systems on our outpost in a different location. I decided to use dial-up networking on my W98 system to dial directly into our LAN via one of the XP systems that was configured to accept direct connections. Once Ive dialed into the XP system I am unable to browse the Xp system or any of the other systems on the LAN. So the main question is how do I browse the network and gain access to the LAN. I cant seem to see anyone in network neighborhood. Ive configured the seetings in XP to my knowledge. Could someone please give me some ideas to which XP settings I should check. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

One of the links in this thread thread779-532765 should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back