Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help with DD-WRT bandwith issues when Panasonic NS700 is connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth1007

Technical User
Jan 11, 2017
CA
I recently installed dd-wrt firmware on a Linksys E2500 router. The download speed is steady at 60 Mbps when a laptop is connected. However, as soon as I connect my Panasonic NS-700 phone system the download speed goes down to 9 Mbps.
This also happens on a Buffalo router which has factory installed dd-wrt firmware.
Then I run a TP Link router, the bandwidth stays at 60 Mbps.
Has anyone seen this problem before?

thanks

Well - you know the deal with DDWRT. It's amateur software that is offered for free with no guarantees. There are like 30 builds for each model router, each with its own problems/bug fixes. In other words, you get what you pay for. I would never use it on a permanent basis or for a business customer.

With that said, try a different build - maybe one with less features like a MINI version!?!? Though often it's strictly a build issue.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back