Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help with a SQLPlus error I'm getting with an new 8.0.5 db

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonBrown

Technical User
Mar 31, 2000
US
Today, I created a small database on a Silicon Graphics system using Oracle 8.0.5, but when I run SQLPlus and login I get the following error:

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
ERROR:
ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL

This is the first time I've ever created a database on this platform and version. Before this I regularly used Oracle 7.3.3 for Windows NT, but never had this problem.

Would someone please tell me commands needed to create the missing package or packages, and when would I normally run these commands, i.e., after create db, after catalog.sql, after pupbld.sql, or when and by which account?

Thank you,
Ron Brown

Thanks,

In Oracle 7.3.3 I only had to run CATPROC.SQL, in Oracle 8, when I ran only CATPROC.SQL I got privilege errors when I tried to log into SQLPLUS, so I followed an example that only showed PUPBLD.SQL and got the above error. I'll give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back