Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Video Problem, Sound or Power I don't know 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor2

Technical User
Feb 2, 2007
CA
Hi I have a similar problem to this one Every thing is the same accept my Video card and computer.

I have a 450 Watt Power Supply
Nvidia GS 7900
And a Acer Computer
1.5 G Ram
2.8 Ghz Speed

My Temp is at 50-69 never goes over PLEASE HELP!!
My voltage in systems test is at +12.00 = 11.559 When I am not running a game I havent been able to test while running games. Becase I don't have the software I checked through Bios.

Well, my problem is the following, my computer is freezing, and i dont know what can be. Every time I'm playing Warcraft 3 after a some time about 30 minutes, my computer freezes and I get a high noise coming from the speakers (could it be sound card?). Anyway, the only way is restarting the computer manually.

System Specifications...
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor
- 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Memory
- Western Digital 160GB SATA Hard Disk
- ASUS P5LD2 SE Mainboard
- XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256MB
- Seventeam 450W Power Supply

In the game Elder Scrolls IV, after sometime playing, appears some strange artifacts in the screen. If I keep playing a few more time, the computer freezes and I have to restart it again. At Warcraft 3 the temperature doesn't pass 65°C, and in the Elder Scrolls IV it doesn't pass 75°C.

I formatted the PC thinking about some driver incompatibility, but didn't work anyway. I have the latest video card driver installed. The card doesn't have any overclock, it have 400/700MHz as it comes as default. I've used the ATITool to detect any problem in the card, there were problems... so i changed my video card for a new one, the artefacts stoped, but the freezing problem continues.

So i tryed to deactivate my onboard soundcard... i could play two entire warcraft game... i though playing without sound was boring... so i activated the onboard sound card again. The problem back. So i deactivated again, but anyway the computer freeze this time. i dont know why the first time worked when i deactivated the onboard sound card. but second time didnt work.

This are the diagnostics when i'm playing games... The full freeze happens sometimes when I'm not playing, randomly but rarely. What you think I have to do guys?

Oh and It has only froze in games.

Company of Heros
Star Trek Elite Force 2
Hasn't in Homeworld 2
and takes long time in Silent Hunter III

Someone else's Problem

Well, my problem is the following, my computer is freezing, and i dont know what can be. Every time I'm playing Warcraft 3 after a some time about 30 minutes, my computer freezes and I get a high noise coming from the speakers (could it be sound card?). Anyway, the only way is restarting the computer manually.

System Specifications...
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Processor
- 2x 512MB DDR2-533 Memory
- Western Digital 160GB SATA Hard Disk
- ASUS P5LD2 SE Mainboard
- XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256MB
- Seventeam 450W Power Supply

In the game Elder Scrolls IV, after sometime playing, appears some strange artifacts in the screen. If I keep playing a few more time, the computer freezes and I have to restart it again. At Warcraft 3 the temperature doesn't pass 65°C, and in the Elder Scrolls IV it doesn't pass 75°C.

I formatted the PC thinking about some driver incompatibility, but didn't work anyway. I have the latest video card driver installed. The card doesn't have any overclock, it have 400/700MHz as it comes as default. I've used the ATITool to detect any problem in the card, there were problems... so i changed my video card for a new one, the artefacts stoped, but the freezing problem continues.

So i tryed to deactivate my onboard soundcard... i could play two entire warcraft game... i though playing without sound was boring... so i activated the onboard sound card again. The problem back. So i deactivated again, but anyway the computer freeze this time. i dont know why the first time worked when i deactivated the onboard sound card. but second time didnt work.

This are the diagnostics when i'm playing games... The full freeze happens sometimes when I'm not playing, randomly but rarely. What you think I have to do guys?

i have the exact same problem, i tried a different sound card, didn't work, i have a new motherboard, i tried a new power supply, i reformatted the computer, updated sound and video drivers, i think i even tried a different video card,i have a new hard drive. the game freezes at random times, sometimes not at all, never anywhere else though. but when it does freeze, it makes a high pitched sound. oh ya....i did a RAM test and it wasn't the memory, i don't have any idea for whats wrong, i tried everything else.
as for games

c+C generals
company of heros
rise of legends

mostly the higher end games, and i usually play over lan. if you have any suggestions...dont hesitate to post them

Had the same problem running value priced ram. Replaced all the RAM with matched sticks. Issue gone.

want to explain the value priced ram. i had 2 sticks of 256mb and one stick of 1 gb of the same type, are you saying to keep the sticks similar?(like 2 sticks of 1 gb ram)?

Same brand and size out of same pack. Mixed will cause oddball issues 70% of the time that are difficult to trace.
Run memtest86 for about 15-20 minutes. If it produces any errors, scrap that ram.

Sounds like BS but I speak from experience. Also I had major issues with Battlefield 2 crashing running matched 2x 512 Mushkin value ram. You figure Mushkin is a good enough brand even for value units. I replaced it with matching IBM thinkcentere and the issue is gone.

Some of overclocker gimmick ram is good like Corsair XMS with the lights and stuff. If you want to save money though go with PC maker brand units like Dell, Compaq or IBM.

To clarify: The PC maker factory ram does cost a little more than the generic stuff but cheaper than the O/C'er ram. It is manufactured under stricter guidelines for those PC makers. The retail stuff is usually a crapshoot.

Good luck and run that memtest89.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back