Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help VCL35.bpi and VCLx35.bpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

leit0050

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
US
hi,
I am working on a project that is from around the 1995 era and it kepps choking on linking. The project says it requires VCL35.bpi and VCLX.bpi. I searched my computer and I can not find this reference anywhere. What can I do? Please,please help! Is there a way you change what library the code looks at? when I scan the .bpr file I find
PACKAGES = VCLX35.bpi VCL35.bpi

Should this be edited somewhere?

What version of Borland are you using? I think those files are included in BCB version 3. If you are using a newer version, you might have to change the bpi to use the current version you have.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

This I all understand. Here is my question.

How do I change and where do I change what package it is looking for. Under project, options, packages it doesn't list this, only the correct vcl and vclx libraries! Is there somewhere else that this is supposed to change? I am using several libraries that were pre-built before, could it be an issue with using those? Help!

I am using several libraries that were pre-built before, could it be an issue with using those?

This sounds like the problem. How this is fixed may depend on the libray you are using. Let me look around a bit.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back