Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help Urgent !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro79

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
IN
Hi to All,
I have some problem regarding the DOM parser , the problem is thats i have a xml file that have the japanese characters . When i save this file in UTF-8 under Window 2000 O/S . The DOM parser throws the exception ( means Unable to read the file )

But when i am save the same file in unicode ( means by opening the in Notepad then save as in unicode) , the DOM parser successfully reads the entire

Can any body tell , why it happens and whts the difference between to save the file (When open in Notepad) unicode or UTF-8

It could be due to fact that your editor added a byte order mark BOM (character code U+FEFF)at the begining of the file when the file is saved as unicode (which you don't see it in Notepad). Most parser doesn't like this byte order mark and throw exception.

Try use a editor that won't add a BOM to save your XML file. I know XMLSpy will remove the BOM when saving file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back