Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help (Urgent) Notes 6.5.5/Mails Held in Outgoing Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

slajoh01

Technical User
Apr 2, 2006
HU
Hi -

I recently configured Lotus Notes to receive and send all my mail using my Gmail account (IMAP) and (SMTP). But when I send messages, it tends to be held in the Outgoing Mailbox for some reason. How can I send all of my mails just instantly without them being held?

This very bad in functionality, because what if I want to have like an ongoing email conversation?? I cannot do that because outgoing mails are beging held...

Is there like an easy fix to this please?

Now, I did some tinkering around, and the only way I can send them is to either Schedule it, or, I can Replicate it manually to send messages out. But I DO NOT want to do BOTH. I just want to send the mails out and thats it...

In the Replications screen, I have two Outgoing Mail databases. The one being SEND OUTGOING MAIL and the other one SEND OUTGOING INTERNET MAIL which I think is my Gmail SMTP account.

I dont know what to do and this is very urgent.

many Thanks.

If you are working on a local location, I don't see that you have the choice - it's how Notes works.

If you are connected to a server, try to change your current Location document to take into account the server properly.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back