Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP - Totals Don't Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1cutedimple

Programmer
Feb 27, 2004
CA
Hi,
I am in need of some serious help...

I have a simple formula that works perfectly fine: Total = New Purchases + Reinvestment - Redeption

I have a Commission Adjustment amount that I need to add to the total. So the formula is now:
Total = New Purchases + Reinvestment + Commission - Redeption

But everytime I add in the Commission amount, the Total goes blank. It doesn't even show zeros. All of the fields are defined as String that I've CDBl'd and converted to a number. Can someone tell me what may be wrong and how to fix, PLEASE?!

Check for nulls, as in:

if not(isnull(Commission)) then
(New Purchases + Reinvestment + commission) - Redeption
else
(New Purchases + Reinvestment) - Redeption

Optionally you can automatically change nulls by selecting Convert null values to default in the File->Report Options or File Options (this is Crystal version dependent and since you didn't include I can't tell yuo exactly.

Please remember that the first question from any technical support person is what version are you using, so kindly include that with posts here so as not to waste yours nor others time.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back