Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP! "Mode not supported" after xp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoG

Technical User
Sep 6, 2004
US
I recently installed Windows Xp Pro..on one of my PCs.
I installed the same disk on 3 of my other PCs and they have been working fine. Although on this computer, after installing XP pro, when it reboots to bring up windows, it throws up a greenish-blue small box that says "mode not supported" on the top and some numbers on the bottom
V:75.0khz and H:60.0khz.
So i figure maybe its the HD..so i connect an old HD with Xp Home on it..i know it works! It did when i disconnected it. This time it throws up and IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and says it had to shut inself down due to an error.
Does anyone have ideas?

You can't swap XP hard drives around. They are "locked" to the computer they were set-up on. AS for the original problem, hook up one of the other monitors to see if it's just resolution problem. XP needs 800x600, some older monitors can't handle this.

It sounds like the resolution or refresh rate you have set in your XP Pro installation isnt supported on the monitor you have been using....
Perhaps you be a little clearer on what you've done. Are you using different monitors? Is the XP Home disk from this PC originally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back