Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help...Overflow Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm getting this error &quot;Run-Time error '6': Overflow&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;when i'm viewing my report.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm trying to display a lot of information so that might be the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;There's around 80 fields that I'm showing for each employee and under each field there are up to 8 response...since there's up to 8 raters. So for each employee there could be 640 cell from the DB displayed.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I view the first 2 employee in Report It's fine...everything shows.&nbsp;&nbsp;But when i click next record for 3rd employee I get this error.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there a way around this or does anyone know access' limit? Also, I'm using a bunch of function and passing in arrays to do the calculations. Because when I get the error and go to Debug, it highlight the code i have in my module.<br>Thanks,

Hi dkert,<br><br>what are you doing...?<br><br>anyway sounds more like you have exceded the limits/range for a variable type. do you do any limits checking in your functions/subs and are you doing calcs on large numbers? and releasing un-needed arrays etc when you don't need them any more.<br><br>try catching the error in the reports on error event!<br><br>Private Sub Report_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer)<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Select Case DataErr<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Case 6<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Response = acDataErrContinue<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;case else<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End Select<br><br>and see if it is just data from one of the records that is causing the error.<br><br>see ya<br>RobertD

What line in the code is being highlighted.&nbsp;&nbsp;Can you show and example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back