Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE HELP!! One-X Mobile & Flare Avaya Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

msprakes

Technical User
Mar 13, 2014
GB
I've now lost count how many times I've gone through the documentation on the knowledge base (marketing tools), checking the admin config with a fine tooth comb.

Are there any other ports that should be open on the firewall, and do Windows Firewall ports need to be open on the local machine running as the One-X Portal server?

How do you create FQDN (or DNS A record) for entering on the One-X mobile app, and is this what needs entering in Flare as the Server & Domain when outside the corporate network also, or is it the external IP needed in one of these entries?

How is Split DNS configured as well?

I'm sick to death of going on these Avaya road shows whenever new software is on general release and they start banging on about mobility, then I end up leaving none the wiser on how to configure it all.
The IPO basic course at Scansource never covered it either.

Please can anyone help me without just listing all the obvious ports in the documentation that need opening/forwarding?

OneXMobile preferred is not "basic".

You should work together with the IT guy to conofigure DNS and host names. Which ports you have to forward is well documented.

Regards, Florian

Ports required are as mentioned very well documented. Example of split DNS is below, but of course you should modify it to suit your own domain.

For Split DNS,
Public clients:
ipo.domain.com -> [External IP of IPO]
onex.domain.com -> [External IP of OneX server]

Private clients:
ipo.domain.com -> [LAN1/LAN2 IP of IPO]
onex.domain.com -> [Internal IP of OneX server]

In Flare Experience I have:
Server address: ipo.domain.com
Server port: SIP port of IPO external IP forwarded to LAN1/LAN2 depends on your configuration
Domain: ipo.domain.com
Presence server address: onex.domain.com

With Split DNS there is no need to change the settings within Flare Experience for user to connect both inside and outside the network.

You can also have both DNS to point the same public IP and it works fine.

I've noticed that depending on the router, some of the forwarded ports also need to be open.

ACSS-SME

Thanks Ayking

For the public clients can you definitely point both FQDNs to the same public IP,
I've seen some application notes online & the engineer who wrote them had to have the IPO on its own dedicated internet connection with no firewall at all, therefore having the 2 FQDNs pointing at different public IPs
What needs entering in the Server ID on the One-X mobile app, the IPO or One-X FQDN?

Also how do you create DNS alias records, are there any websites that offer the service of creating them to be directed to a public IP, at a cost?

Not much of an engineer if you ask me, got both IPO and One-X behind firewall, works from inside (WiFi) and outside.

Look at dyn.com, for 20$ a year you get 30 DNS.

ACSS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back