Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help on how to retrieve my password in VBA Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2004
PH
Good day, My former work-mate created a vba program in ms excel.and then he put a password on it to make it safe and nobody can edit it.But the problem is that my work-mate resigns and he already forgot the password.The macro must be edited to make some changes.But the problem is when I open the VB editor and try to open the project.It prompts for password in the VBA Project.Can anyone help me on how to resolve these situation.Please help me.Thanks.

You may be genuine, but I believe this site has a policy of NOT helping to break passwords. Have a look on Google and try some of the sites a search there points to.

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Just to backup Glenn's viewpoint. This site will not help to break passwords. To be honest, I'm not sure there IS code to break a VBE password anyway. There are various companies that will charge a small fee to do this for you or alternatively, you will have to recreate the spreadsheet

Rgds, Geoff

Three things are certain. Death, taxes and lost data. DPlank is to blame

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Hi folks,

For what its worth, Excel vba project passwords are easily broken. It's not much more difficult than breaking worksheet passwords ...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back