Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help me............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyotsna24

Programmer
Jun 24, 2001
IN
I installed Java in my system.But when I run the program the following error will show.
Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\Current Version'
has value '1.2', but '1.3' is required.
Error:could not find java.dll
Error:could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment
What should I do to correct it?

I've had this problem and you need to do a little registry hack. Make sure that you indeed have jdk1.3 installed and that the folder exists in HKLM\software\javasoft\java runtime environment. Then set the current version key to "1.3" or whatever you version is that is installed. This should do the trick. You could also just try reinstalling the jdk first. Sometimes if you install something like the plug in that overwrites the currentversion key it will screw this up (an Oracle client installation did this to me).

Regards,

Charles
meadandale@yahoo.com

Hi,

Delete older version of Java from the m/c and install new version.

bye

Try 1.4 if you already are reinstalling anyway...

It's still beta, but it seems pretty official by now as it was moved not only to the early access downloads but also to the "productive" JDK page at...

But I don't know, most probably the registry hack will do if you have the proper JDK installed...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back