Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me with this DataGrid dilemma! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shem

Technical User
Oct 30, 2001
GB
On a form I am creating a sales record that has multiple lines (using a tempRS based on an ACCESS database). I have 5 txtBoxes (Product, Quantity, UnitPrice, LineTotal, JobTotal) that populate (via cmdButton) a DataGrid (Adodc control). The "JobTotal" txtBox and column contain a running tally of the sales record.
After a row is on the DataGrid I would like to be able to edit one of the columns (cells - i.e. Quantity or UnitPrice) and have it re-calculate the LineTotal and JobTotal columns and JobTotal txtBox. I'm fairly new to VB and would greatly appreciate some help from someone OR tell me where to find help with DataGrids. THANKS!!

Double click on the datagrid. In the code entry page, go to the top right hand corner and select AfterColumnUpdate. Then enter the code you desire. This should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back