Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me install Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalcross

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
US
Whats wrong? Everything is connected right, but when I turn on the harddrive in the BIOS setup starts but does not detect the HD, but when I turn it on setup does not even start

I'm afraid your message is not clear as to your problem. We need to know what type of computer parts you are using (motherboard, CPU, memory, etc.). Please respond with more details so we can help. What you may think is not important, may be the hint we need. Even if you have trouble with English, given enough clues - we can help.

With the description given the first thing that jumps to mind is the hard drive ribbon cable is reversed on one end.
With no hard drive selected it doesn't matter, with a drive type selected, the detection mechanism hangs the system.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back