Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please help me... how to use RAS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliboy

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
EG
Hi,

We have a cisco 2621 router that have a RAS capability and my boss want me to configure the router so that we can use the RAS function but I don't have any idea about this RAS. What they want is to access the Internet using their PC from their home using the office router. Is RAS is configured in the Internet server or in the router?

Please help me, I'm new in this company and they want a result as soon as possible.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Hi,

What is the configuration of your router ? Do you have a PRI or just some async modems ? Do you want to use callback ?

You can always check out the Cisco website. I'm sure you'll find some configuration examples there.
If you still need help let me know and I'll write to you a configuration example.

Shani

Shani,

I already search, and even my boss, the Cisco site but unfortunately we can't find any sample so if you can send me a configuration sample, It's really appreciated.

Thanks!

Eliboy

let me know what this the configuration you are looking for. Do you have async modem ? what aboout authentication ? How many users do you want to configure ?
Do you want to configure the users on the router ?

Shani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back