Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help me convert these two catOS coammnd lines to H3C comware

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalnewbie316

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2011
GB
Hi Everyone

Im trying to convert rspan on a cisco catos switch to an H3c 7506 switch and im just getting a little confused. Can anyone help me convert the below to comware please?

set rspan source 2,5-9,25 800 both multicast enable create

set rspan destination 3/18 800 inpkts disable learning enable create

Im confused on how to go about converting it especially the commands such as "inpkts"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

So, first the source,
mirroring-group 1 remote-source
vlan 5
mirroring-group 1 remote-probe vlan 5
mirroring-group 1 mirroring-port g1/0/1 both
mirroring-group 1 monitor-egress g1/0/2

Then the destination:
vlan 5
interface g1/0/21
port link-type trunk
port trunk permit vlan 5
mirroring-group 1 remote-destination
mirroring-group 1 remote-probe vlan 5
mirroring-group 1 monitor-port g1/0/22

As for the "Inpckts" thing, I would say most vendors disable "Inpckts" as soon as you configure it as a mirror port. Need to check that.

Thanks guys

I have just found out the analyzing pc is connected directly to the core switch that we want to monitor the vlans on. I guess this would mean I dont really need remote span and simple span would just do.

The guide in the link therefore shows me how to monitor the packets on a port however im struggling to monitor multiple vlans. So basically i want to monitor vlans 2, 5-9, 25 and send the data out on port 3/18 where the capuring device is connected. (im new to H3c and catos)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

vince ive tried using the mirroring-group 1 command after entering the vlan (vlan 5) but it doesnt seem to accept it :(

When I've used port-mirroring, I've always just mirrored the port, without trying to narrow it down to particular VLANs.

This is the config I would use:

mirroring-group 1 monitor-port G1/1/1
mirroring-group 1 mirroring-port G1/1/2 both

Keep it simple!

Hi

Thanks but I dont think that would be a good idea. THe core switches probably have about 200 ports and we need to analyze data from quite a few ports. The aim is to keep analyzing vlans just like we did on the cisco switches. Can this even be done on the H3C kit? I havent found a command that allows me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back