Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please help me about this problem........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehbub

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
hi everybody,
i asked this question earlier,but i found nobody answered me.so again i am asking this. how can i make installer for my forms 6i application, so that user need not to install forms runtime?is there is any way to build a setup file for the application , and can i include the forms runtime with the setup file ?
if somebody know anything regarding this please let me know.
thanks in advance.
mehbub

not cleare ques..
please detale your problem and which oracle you will used..
like (9i,8i and so on)..
bye abidali

hi abidali,
thanks for ur response.actually i meant that i built an application using developer 6i and oracle 8i.But the problem is that i can not supply this application with CD.
i could not create an installer for the application.again the user who will use it ,need to install forms 6i runtime component for runnig the forms .so i want to make an installer sort of thing so that the user need not to install the forms runtime component to run the application and all process should be like the installer CD of other software.so actually what i want is that i want to supply my application with CD and with an installer like other softwares.i beleive u have understood what i want.please help me.

thanks in advance.
bye
mehbub.

hello sory for late
it is two option to solve your problem one is that
you will create web application of form. with this aney user which have net connection will acces.
and secound ...
You can use Oracle Software packager from oracle.com and use it for your purpose.
bye abidali..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back