Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help mail not coming into Public Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yardyy

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hi,

I just installed an exchanger 2k server, into the organisation, and noticed that since then we are not getting any mail coming into the Public folders of the other exchange server, that is in the same site, same organisation..

The install of exchange went well, no errors or anything..

Please help..very urgent

Many Thanks
Yardyy

The anonymous account must be granted the rights of a contributor in order for a public folder to receive email externally.

i have checked that, it is present, still no mail though..

Many Thanks
Yardyy

How is your public folder replication configured? Do you have replicas on both servers?

no we only have Pf on one server, the second server is just a test server that i installed. funny thing is that the mailboxes that are on the same server as the pf`s, seem to work fine, but anything destined for the pf`s gets an ndr.

we dont have any replication configured at all.

Many Thanks
Yardyy

The public folder hierarchy hasn't finished replicating yet. In E2K, the homeMDB attribute as we know it in 5.5 is meaningless. When a message is sent to a mail enabled public folder, the ptagReplicaList attribute is read from the hierarchy to determine where the content replicas are for the TLH. If the hierarchy has not replicated yet, the process fails and you get an NDR.

You can force a replication status message to be sent by setting a reg key and restarting the store a la:

to speed things up and resolve the issue. This assumes SP3.

I'm having the exact same problem as Yardyy....
I doubt that it has anything to do with replication, but plz post it if anyone finds a fix

-Ompa

Hi,

Check your permissions on the objects, and ensure that default can at least create items.

Many Thanks
Yardyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back