Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Help. Lenovo AIO Screen Flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewyblue

Technical User
Mar 7, 2020
GY
Hello,

my Lenovo Ideacentre Flex 20's screen randomly began to flicker a few days ago. It does so in a pulsing motion at roughly five second intervals consistently (meaning the flicker will last for five seconds and pause for five seconds), with this behavior mainly affecting the top portion of the screen. Upon starting my computer, the flickering only starts once Windows has fully loaded and begins with a small, barely noticeable spasm but after a few minutes progresses into a full blown rhythmic screen wave.

As far as external influences go, my computer was never dropped, hit or had any contact with water. The unit is basically brand new and never moves from my desk. Furthermore, my Ideacentre has never been in contact with any other device or anything with magnetic properties for that matter.

I would love to hear what a tech guy or someone knowledgeable with Lenovo products has to say. Does anyone have experience with this issue or had a similar problem? I'm hoping it might be a software thing... Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

John

I had an HP laptop and it did the same thing and I had to replace the display. There is nothing you can do. You can do one thing which is you can check that whether your display cable is connected properly or not. If you see any damages in the cable change it and if by doing all these does not help then change the display.

Graphic Designer at background removal service

First thing I would do is enter the BIOS at startup and sit there for an extended period of time (5-10 minutes). Does the flicker ever occur? If not, doubtful that it's a hardware issue. Another thing you can try is to connect an external display. Connect it so that the laptop display is off and the external display is the only one Windows is using.

If the flicker doesn't occur in the BIOS but does with the external display while Windows is running, then it's likely a GPU driver issue. Grab the latest one from Lenovo's website and install it. I'd do that anyway, regardless of the test results.

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back