Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please help find the bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabavno

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a simple formula that does not seem to work:

@If(RTransit = "80323";"07206";RTransit = "70207";"00275";@Trim(@LeftBack(Bill_To_Transit; 4))="9";"99999";"")

For the false case, RTransit shold be populated with blank "", but it never does.

However, if I change formula:

@If(RTransit = "80323";"07206";RTransit = "70207";"00275";@Trim(@LeftBack(Bill_To_Transit; 4))="9";"99999";"No")

Then "No" appears whenever false condition is met.

Please help.

Thanks

I have found that once a field is populated with a value (I am using R5 and doing most of my work using the Web as my client), then I have to make the value " " (a space) rather than "" or it doesn't replace. I don't know if this could be it?

Can you tell us a bit more about how you are using this formula? Is the RTransit field editable or computed. Is it text or number? Are you doing a refresh fields in a keyword change option in another field somewhere on the form.

This additional info might help determine why the field is not updating.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back