Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

please help copy netware 5 direcotry files

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOOOODY

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2010
Hello,
i have novell netware 5 , my network not work.. its down. coz some problem in hardware..

please anyone help me and tell me how to copy files in directory .

Do you mean to copy the data off the server directly without using a client computer attached to the networ??

The server is up and running normally - is that correct?

Yes Dear That's right, my server work fine and data fine.

just i have problem with hardware with Lan . when i connect any Lan on server its become very slow. and when i remove lan it back fast and fine.

so i just want take the data to flash disk or cd.. and then install new server and back the data.

or there any idea..

Thank a lot

It's been so long since I've touched Netware 5.0, but here are your two strategies but I can't verify either one or how to specifically carry them out. Need someone who worked with Netware 5 more than I to give better advice.

1. USB connection to a memory stick or an external USB drive attached to the server. I don't have much hope for this one, since USB drive support was pretty scarce in the Netware 5 days.

2. Get a bootable Linux CD that can access Netware Traditional (not NSS I'm assuming) volumes. Then you could attach an external drive to the server before booting and copy data to the external drive.

3. Get a new network card, install the drivers and see if you can get REAL networking going. That's your best approach and more within the limits of Netware instead of going "outside" the actual operating system.

If the problem is not the network card/driver, maybe it's your switch that's connected to the server. Try a different switch or connect a client directly via a cross-over cable to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back