Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PLEASE Help a beginner 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKriger

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
US
I have 5 tables in a query. I am trying to link them.
How do I do this?
This is my first time using Paradox.

Thanks
Inna

In your property tool bar there is a "Join" Icon, select this icon and click on the appropriate field in the first table and then immediately click one the appropriate field in the table you wish to link to. The word "Join1" will appear in red in the linked fields, continue doing this with all 5 tables, you will have to select the icon before each join. You can also do a Join by selecting F5 and typing in a join keyword in each table, if the keyword is highlighted in red it's a join link. I'd suggest trying this on a simple two table query to get the hang of it.

When I first started using Paradox I used "Data Model" to link multiple tables in my querry. Click and join indexed fields in the appropriate tables helped make the job easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back