Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please get me started with PSP 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmex

Programmer
Jul 23, 2006
GB
I have PSP 5.00 loaded on my machine. I have made several attempts to start using it as my default graphics editing package, but each time I get put off by the complexity of learning how to use it.

Today I decided I would have anonther go. All I am trying to do is create a pair of parallel lines (at an angle of 60 degrees). So having created a single line in a brand new image, I want to select the line, (and only the line) copy, and paste it right beside itself.

I know I can select it using the lasso type tool, but that requires a steady hand. I also know that I could make the background transparent, but I don't want to do that either, as I gather it makes some other features of PSP unavailable.

Is there a method to select just a single blue line (without having some of the surrounding white background included). I want to lay it very close to the original, so I don't want that being obscured by bits of white background.

I've never used PSP 5 so I'm not sure if layers were already available but if you can work with layers then all you have to do is create the first line in a layer (not as a background) and then duplicate this layer.

If you want some tutorials for this version maybe you'll be able to find at
Depending on what kind of graphic editing you want, I would also suggest that you download the trial version of PSP X (10) at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back