Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Please Critique Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipH

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
Please critique this site ( that I have been working on for a local scout organization. The design should be fluid and work in both IE and Mozilla. Please feel free to click the navigation links; some have content (e.g. calendar please critique also) and some do not have any content at this time. Thanks for you time and assistance.

Rip Henry
Lewisberry, PA USA
52vpj

Right, in mozilla firefox & ie i see your menu isnt centralised on the table, is that how you wanted it? Seems to me it would be better if it was centralised.
Is it adviseable to have a Site Admin link on the main page? seems to encourage people to take an extra look.
Possibly the date should be in dd/mmm/yyyy format to suit both US and EU.
The calendar page dosnt fit on a 1024X768 screen, itbrowses across? Is that fixable?
The site design itself is nice, and the header graphic is impressive.

CF Reference
The links of my knowledge

First impressions are good.
The site takes a moment to load over dial-up, but isn't too bad.

There seems to be insufficient room for the text on the links on the left - if you were able to give it one more blank space at the start and end of the text link, it would stop it merging into the logo, improving appearences.

And as mentioned previously, there is something up with the calendar page. Is it caused by incorrect width for the top logo I wonder? In any case, it causes the page to spread beyond the right of the page.

Regards, Andy.
My pathetic attempts at learning HTML can be laughed at here:

Calendar page width definitely needs to be set lower.

On the main menu, I'd do away with the red and white arrows over the site border for each menu item and replace it with a less intense idea. Maybe the arrows with transparent backgrounds behind each item so that the border shows through.

I disagree with the date format comment. This is a US scout troop site, so whether the date format you choose is pleasing to EU is of little consequence if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back